Ultherapy is the only non-surgical skin rejuvenation procedure that uses ultrasound to see below the surface of the skin and to specifically target the deep foundational layer of tissue that doctor’s address in surgery. The ability to treat not just the skin but its underlying support very precisely, from the inside out, helps to ensure both safe and satisfying results, with no downtime.
As with other ultrasound procedures, a smooth applicator placed upon your skin projects an image onto a screen that allows your practitioner to plan where the energy will be directed. This same applicator is then used to deliver low levels of focused heat to just the right depth below the skin to achieve a positive effect, all the while leaving the surface of your skin undisturbed. Your skin’s response to the energy is to stimulate the growth of new collagen. A gradual tightening and firming occurs, resulting in a natural lift of the skin over time.
What to Expect:
- There can be some discomfort while the energy is being delivered, but it is temporary, and a signal that the collagen-building process has been initiated
- You are able to return to your normal activities right away
- there are no special measures you need to take
- Your skin may appear a bit flushed immediately after the treatment
- No downtime
- Safe for most skin types
- Lifting and toning of saggy skin
- Building of collagen
- Lift of the brow line
- Youthful look